Wednesday, January 27, 2010

you knew this one was coming...

Farmville. Just a Facebook application that has hit every one of us in one way or another. Some got completely engorged in the game (cough.. myself), and others just laughed at the ones that were being sucked in.. people like myself.

Who knew that the virtual sales of super pumpkins, mystery chests, and pink flamingos would account for $2 billion in sales last year?!


In a little over 2 months, 11 MILLION Facebook users plow their fields daily. That's the highest rise in users for online gaming EVER. Closest was World of Warcraft, who has 11.5 million players... but that number took 4 years to get to that point.

Going back to my first post - even though this area has been in business for a while with video games - is this the future for making that extra dough through selling your product? Video Games have product sponsors all through them, look at Grand Theft Auto and Need for Speed. So what's so wrong about getting into online Facebook games. No matter how stupid an idea may seem, you would make a killing doing it. I mean come on, $2 Billion on pink flamingos?!

Now excuse me, I need to go tend to my crops... enjoy this video

3 comments:

  1. Wow Nicole...I am really enjoying this. Your combination of humour and surprising insights makes for a fun read. Mind if I share your site?? Keep up the great work (did you just start this for Lindsey? Seems busy already!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Kathy, and yes please, share away! We did have to start a site for Lindsey, but I am really enjoying it actually. It's good to know that what I'm writing is somewhat entertaining and enjoyed by others, hahaha. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farmville is merely a tool of the despised High Fructose Corn Syrup imperator Archer Daniels Midland. Now is the winter of their discontent.

    The Phantom

    ReplyDelete